Z MARKETING SERVICE AGREEMENT
This Z Marketing Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) governs your acquisition and use of Z Marketing Digital Inc.’s (“Z Marketing”) Products and Services (as defined herein).
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, BY (1) CLICKING A BOX INDICATING ACCEPTANCE, (2) EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THIS AGREEMENT, OR (3) USING FREE SERVICES, CLIENT AGREES TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT IS ACCEPTING ON BEHALF OF CLIENT, SUCH INDIVIDUAL REPRESENTS THAT THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERM “CLIENT” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES. IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR DOES NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SUCH INDIVIDUAL MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
Definitions. Certain capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this Agreement have the
meaning set forth or cross-referenced in this Section 1.
- Application Documentation means only the technical specifications, knowledge database information, training documents and/or related documentation that Z Marketing makes generally available to its customers or the users of the Services, and that describe the features, functions and operation of the Services.
- Application IP means all technologies (including software) and all Intellectual Property Rights incorporated in or reading on (i) any Product and (ii) the Application Documentation, including any update or upgrade to the foregoing delivered during the Term.
- Authorized User means, collectively, any individual employees, agents, or contractors of Client accessing or using the Products, under rights granted to Client pursuant to this Agreement.
- Client means the entity that enters into this Agreement with Z Marketing to allow the Authorized Users access or use the Products.
- Client Data means Client’s data collected, used, processed, stored, or generated through or as the result of the use of the Services.
- Client Marks means the trademarks, service marks, and trade names of Client.
- Confidential Information means all proprietary and confidential information and materials of either Party and will include, without limitation, information relating to a Party’s business and marketing plans and processes, rates, fees and other terms of pricing of the Services, customers, software, and technology, or quality of performance of the Services. Confidential Information will not include information (i) already known or independently developed by the recipient, (ii) in the public domain through no wrongful act of the recipient, or (iii) received by the recipient from a third party who was authorized to disclose it. Client’s Confidential Information will include “Personally Identifiable Information” about Client and its Authorized Users.
- Intellectual Property Rights means all intellectual property rights, howsoever arising and in whatever media, whether or not registered, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, design rights, database rights, and any applications for the protection or registration of such rights and all renewals, and extensions thereof throughout the world.
- Personally Identifiable Information means information that personally identifies a person or entity, including, without limitation, an individual’s social security number or other government-issued identification number, date of birth, address, or an individual’s name in combination with any other of the elements listed herein.
- Product means the software applications made available by Z Marketing that may be separately ordered by Client as part of the Services, and which (unless otherwise specified by Z Marketing) will be made available on a Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) basis.
- Services means, collectively, the Products and any related remote or in-person training, and other professional services that may be delivered in conjunction with or in addition to a Product.
Product Access, Use, and maintenance.
- Access. Z Marketing shall provide to Client the Services. Certain product subscriptions include the right to certain upgrades, releases, and updates (major and minor) in line with Z Marketing’s policies, and all of the foregoing are delivered subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement. Z Marketing, from time to time, may modify, upgrade or otherwise change the manner in which the Services are provided (including but not limited to, Product features, or operating environment), so long as such Services are substantially comparable or superior to the prior Services). Z Marketing shall provide Client the necessary passwords and usernames for Authorized Users, subject to this Article 2.
- Orders for Additional Products. Client may order additional Products made available by Z Marketing at any time by submitting sales orders to Z Marketing for such Products. Should such sales orders be accepted by Z Marketing, the additional Products provided shall be deemed part of the Services provided pursuant to this Agreement. Z Marketing shall enable access to such additional Products within a commercially reasonable time after acceptance of such sales order(s). In no event shall any pre-printed terms appearing on any purchase or sales orders generated by Client be deemed part of this Agreement.
- Permitted Use. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including, e.g., payment of fees and the usage restrictions below), Z Marketing hereby grants Client a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable right to access the features and functions of the Services during the Term. The foregoing license is granted solely for use by Authorized Users in accordance with the terms and conditions herein and in the applicable exhibit(s); and solely for use in the operation of Client’s business.
- Restrictions on Use. Client will not, and will not permit any Authorized Users to, (i) copy or duplicate any of the Application IP; (ii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to obtain or perceive the source code from which any software component of any of the Application IP is compiled or interpreted, or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Application IP, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, and Client acknowledges that nothing in this Agreement will be construed to grant Client any right to obtain or use such source code; (iii) modify, alter, tamper with or repair any of the Application IP, or create any derivative product from any of the foregoing, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, except with the prior written consent of Z Marketing; (iv) interfere or attempt to interfere in any manner with the functionality or proper working of any of the Application IP; (v) use the Services in violation of this Agreement; (vi) remove, obscure, or alter any notice of any intellectual property or proprietary right appearing on or contained within any of the Application IP; (vii) assign, sub-license, sell, resell, lease, rent or otherwise transfer or convey, or pledge as security or otherwise encumber, Client’s limited license rights to use the Products; or (viii) access the Product to build a competitive product or service, or copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the Product.
- Protection; Retained Rights; Ownership. Client acknowledges that Z Marketing and its licensors own all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Services (including all components thereof) and all work product, developments, inventions, technology or materials provided under this Agreement. Z Marketing reserves all rights not expressly granted to Client in this Agreement. Client will not engage in any act or omission that would impair Z Marketing’s and/or its licensors’ Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, and any other materials, information, processes or subject matter proprietary to Z Marketing. Client further acknowledges that Z Marketing retains the right to use the foregoing for any purpose in Z Marketing’s sole discretion.
- Authorized Users. Any act or omission by an Authorized User that, if done by Client, would constitute a breach of this Agreement, shall be deemed a breach of this Agreement by Client. Failure of any Authorized User to comply with this Article 2 may be a breach of the Agreement and may result in, among other things, the termination of the Agreement and/or the denial of access to one or more of the Products. Client and its Authorized Users shall keep their respective login IDs, passwords and other account details (collectively, “User Credentials”) confidential, and shall not share them with anyone else. Client shall promptly notify Z Marketing if it, or any of its Authorized Users, learns of or believes that any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of User Credentials, or any breach of the security of the Products. Z Marketing cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized access or use of User Credentials.
- Application Documentation. Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, Client will have access to Application Documentation during the Term solely for Client’s internal purposes in connection with its permitted use of the Products.
Specific Client Covenants.
- Unlawful or Unacceptable Use. Client shall not upload, transmit or post any material, or engage in any other use of the Products, that violates any law, rule or regulation, defames or libels any other person or entity, infringes any other person’s or entity’s rights, including, without limitation, any Intellectual Property Rights or privacy rights, or otherwise could impose civil or criminal liability. Z Marketing reserves the right to notify any governmental entity, law enforcement authority, or any other party that it deems appropriate in its sole discretion, of any such activity. Uploading, posting or transmitting any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity or proprietary right of any person or entity will be grounds for immediate termination of the Services or other corrective action. Z Marketing reserves the right, but does not assume any obligation, to determine in its sole discretion what is and is not acceptable content in connection with the Products, to limit placement of any content in a database or on any other area provided in connection with the Services, to use commercially reasonable efforts to remove, alter or block access to any offensive, objectionable, or unacceptable content immediately and without prior notice, to determine in its sole discretion what is and is not an appropriate conduct and use of any of the Products, and to cease providing or bar access to any or all of the Products to any user at any time, for any reason or for no reason, without prior notice. Z Marketing reserves the right, but does not assume any obligation, to monitor and investigate complaints regarding any of the foregoing, and Client agrees to grant Z Marketing access to Client’s account at any time without notice, and to cooperate fully with Z Marketing in providing access and information as may be requested at any time and from time to time. Client agrees that any reservation of rights by Z Marketing imposes no obligation of any kind on Z Marketing to take any of the foregoing actions.
- Unauthorized Access. Client shall not access, or attempt to access, another person’s or entity’s accounts without proper authorization to do so, or attempt to disrupt or interfere with the Products in any manner.
- Connectivity. Client is solely responsible for all telecommunication or Internet connections required to access the Products, as well as all hardware and software at its facilities needed to access the Products.
- Compliance with Laws and Export. In connection with Client’s access to and use of the Products, Client is responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations and policies of all relevant jurisdictions. Without limiting the foregoing, Client agrees that it will not use the Products for any unlawful purpose, and Client will not export, directly or indirectly, the Products to any country for which the United States requires any export license or other governmental approval without first obtaining such license or approval.
- Other Activities. Client shall not engage in any other activity in its use of the Services that Z Marketing determines in its sole discretion may be harmful to other Users or the Services.
- Suspension. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Z Marketing may temporarily suspend Client’s and any Authorized User’s access to any portion or all of a Product and/or the Application IP and/or Services if (i) Z Marketing reasonably determines that (a) there is a threat or attack on any Product or any of the Application IP; (b) Client’s or any Authorized User’s use of the Product or Application IP disrupts or poses a security risk to the Application IP or any other customer or vendor of Z Marketing; (c) Client or any Authorized User is/are using the Product or any Application IP for fraudulent or illegal activities; or (d) Z Marketing’s provision of the Service to Client or any Authorized User is prohibited by applicable law; or (ii) any vendor of Z Marketing has suspended or terminated Z Marketing’s access to or use of any third party services, products or Intellectual Property Rights required to enable Client to access the Application IP (each such suspension, in accordance with this Section, a “Service Suspension”); or (iii) for Client’s non-payment of the Services. Z Marketing will use commercially reasonable efforts to resume providing access to the Application Service as soon as reasonably possible after the event giving rise to the Service Suspension is cured. Z Marketing will have no liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits) or any other consequences that Client or any Authorized User may incur as a result of a Service Suspension.
- Data. Client (on its own behalf and on behalf of its Authorized Users) grants Z Marketing the right to use the Client Data as necessary to perform its obligations under this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Z Marketing may use Client Data to analyze use of the Products, improve the Products and identify trends and best practices related to the Products; and to create Aggregated Statistics (as defined in Section 4). Client and its Authorized Users shall ensure they have obtained all rights, consents and authorizations necessary to license the Client Data to Z Marketing as set forth herein.
- Client Marks. Client hereby grants to Z Marketing a limited, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, non-exclusive license, during the Term, to use, reproduce, display, and distribute the Client Marks solely in connection with and solely as necessary to provide the Product to Client and its Authorized Users, subject to the terms of this Agreement. Z Marketing shall comply with Client’s then-current policies regarding the use of Client’s Marks.
- Feedback. Client and/or its Authorized Users may provide suggestions, comments or other feedback to Z Marketing with respect to the products and services, including the Products (“Feedback”). Feedback is voluntary and Z Marketing is not required to hold it in confidence. Feedback may be used by Z Marketing for any purpose without obligation or restriction of any kind, on a perpetual, unlimited, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable basis.
- Data Ownership. Z Marketing agrees that Client Data (which shall also be known and treated by Z Marketing as Confidential Information) is the exclusive property of Client. Client Data is and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Client and all right, title, and interest in the same is reserved by Client (subject to the limited license granted above, and without limiting Z Marketing’s rights to Aggregated Statistics (as defined below)).
- Data Aggregation. Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement or otherwise, Z Marketing may monitor Client’s use of the Services and may use data and information related to such use, and Client Data in an aggregate manner, including to compile statistical, performance, and benchmarking information related to the provision and operation of the Products (“Aggregated Statistics”). As between Z Marketing and Client, all right, title, and interest in the Aggregated Statistics and all intellectual property rights therein, belong to and are retained solely by Z Marketing. Client acknowledges that Z Marketing will be compiling Aggregated Statistics based on Client Data input into the Services and Client agrees that Z Marketing may (a) make such Aggregated Statistics available to third parties in an anonymous manner, and (b) use such information to the extent and manner permitted by applicable law or regulation including for purposes of data gathering, analysis and service enhancement, provided that such data and information will be used in accordance with Z Marketing’s privacy policies and confidentiality terms of this Agreement. Aggregated Statistics may be used for the purposes above, and to improve Client’s clinical outcomes and to establish the efficacy of Client’s Services. Z Marketing will never sell Client Data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Integration and other Professional Services. If separately agreed by the Parties pursuant to a separate statement of work, Z Marketing may provide certain services in the way of custom integrations of the Products, e.g., into Client’s operating environment or with third party systems (collectively, “Integration Services”). All such Integration Services shall be separately negotiated in a statement of work referencing this Agreement between the Parties. Client acknowledges and agrees that Z Marketing is under no obligation to provide such Integration Services, unless separately agreed in writing executed by an authorized representative of Z Marketing.
- Payment. Client will pay all fees specified (the “Fees”). Client will provide Z Marketing’s payment processor with valid and updated credit card information and will authorize payments to Z Marketing for all Products listed in the Order Form for the Initial Term and any renewal terms as set forth in Section 7.1 below. Such charges for subscription fees shall be made in advance monthly. Z Marketing may increase the Fees at its election by providing advance notice of such change (which may be delivered electronically)
- Taxes. Z Marketing shall invoice Client for applicable sales, use and similar taxes on services fees and charges sourced to states where Z Marketing has nexus, as determined by Z Marketing in its sole discretion. Client agrees to promptly pay such taxes when invoiced by Z Marketing. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Client shall be solely responsible for the timely payment of all sales, use and similar taxes not invoiced by Z Marketing that are attributable to Z Marketing’s service fees and charges, including any interest, penalties and other costs incurred as a result of Client’s non-compliance or delay with the performance of Client’s obligations described in this sentence.
- Late Payments; Interest. Any portion of any amount payable hereunder that is not paid when due will accrue interest at one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less, from due date until paid.
- Term of Agreement. The term of this Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and will continue for an initial term of one (1) month, unless earlier terminated in accordance with this Section 7, and will automatically renew for successive one (1) month, unless either Party provides written notice of its desire not to renew at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the then-current term (collectively, the “Term”).
- Termination for Breach. Either Party may, at its option, terminate this Agreement in the event of a material breach by the other Party. Such termination may be effected only through a written notice to the breaching Party, sufficiently describing the nature of the breach. The Party receiving such notice shall have a right to cure such breach within thirty (30) days of receipt of such notice. If the breaching Party has not cured such breach or is not diligently pursuing a cure, the non-breaching Party may terminate this Agreement as of the date specified in such notice.
- Termination Upon Bankruptcy or Insolvency. Each Party agrees to notify the other within five (5) business days if it files for bankruptcy, bankruptcy protection or reorganization or is the subject of a bankruptcy filing by a creditor. Either Party may, at its option, terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to the other Party, in the event (i) that the other Party becomes insolvent or unable to pay its debts when due; (ii) the other Party files a petition in bankruptcy, reorganization or similar proceeding, or, if filed against, such petition is not removed within ninety (90) days after such filing; (iii) the other Party discontinues it business; or (iv) a receiver is appointed or there is an assignment for the benefit of such other Party’s creditors.
- Effect of Termination. Upon any termination of this Agreement, (i) Client will immediately discontinue all use of the Services, the Application Documentation, and any Z Marketing Confidential Information and both Parties will delete any of the other Party’s Confidential Information from computer storage or any other media including, but not limited to, online and off-line libraries; (ii) return to the other Party or, at the other Party’s option, destroy, all copies of the Application Documentation and any Confidential Information then in the other Party’s possession; and (iii) promptly pay to Z Marketing all amounts due and payable to the other Party hereunder. Following the termination of this Agreement, Z Marketing shall provide Client with a final extract of the Client Data pursuant to Z Marketing’s then-current data retrieval option at no charge. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Parties may retain such copies as are reasonably necessary to comply with any company archival purposes, laws or regulations applicable to the Party, provided such copies shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement while in the Party’s possession.
- Survival. Following termination, the provisions of the following sections shall survive; Retained Rights, Ownership, Third Party Products, Effect of Termination, Usage Restrictions, Confidentiality, Indemnification, Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability, Data Ownership, Survival, Arbitration, and General.
- EXCEPT IN THE EVENT OF A BREACH OF A PARTY’S CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS, OR OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 2.8, IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, COSTS OF DELAY, ANY FAILURE OF DELIVERY, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COSTS OF LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR DOCUMENTATION OR LIABILITIES TO THIRD PARTIES ARISING FROM ANY SOURCE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION UPON DAMAGES AND CLAIMS IS INTENDED TO APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN BREACHED OR HAVE PROVEN INEFFECTIVE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND EXCEPT FOR ZAZMIC’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS, THE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF ZAZMIC TO THE CLIENT FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY CAUSE OF ACTION SOUNDING IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR STRICT LIABILITY, WILL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF ALL FEES PAID TO ZAZMIC BY CLIENT IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE APPLICABLE CLAIM AROSE. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS INTENDED TO APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN BREACHED OR HAVE PROVEN INEFFECTIVE.
- Claims. Notwithstanding any State or federal laws to the contrary, the Parties hereby agree that any claims of breach of express or implied contract, actions to enjoin or enforce rights under this Agreement or actions for any torts arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be initiated by either Party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued, except that an action for non-payment may be brought within two (2) years after the date such amount was due.
- Essential Basis of the Agreement. Client acknowledges and understands that the disclaimers, exclusions and limitations of liability set forth in this Section 14 form an essential basis of the agreement between the Parties, that the Parties have relied upon such disclaimers, exclusions and limitations of liability in negotiating the terms and conditions in this Agreement, and that absent such disclaimers, exclusions and limitations of liability, the terms and conditions of this Agreement would be substantially different.
- General Indemnity By Client. Client agrees to indemnify and hold Z Marketing (as well as its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, Clients, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives) harmless from any and all third-party claims, liability and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to (i) Client’s use of the Services (unless the claim directly relates to Z Marketing’s misconduct), and/or (ii) any claim arising out of content posted or transmitted by any person or entity associated with or authorized by Client (other than Z Marketing) through the use of the Services. Z Marketing reserves the right, to select counsel of its own choosing for and otherwise to control its own defense, of any matter subject to indemnification by Client, which shall not excuse Client’s indemnity obligations. Client will not settle any third-party claim against Z Marketing unless such settlement completely and forever releases Z Marketing from all liability with respect to such claim or unless Z Marketing consents to such settlement.
- Infringement Indemnity By Z Marketing. Z Marketing agrees to indemnify and hold Client (as well as its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, Clients, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives) harmless from any and all third-party claims, liability and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to the alleged infringement of such third party’s patent, trademark, copyright or trade secret rights under applicable laws within the United States of America, provided that Client promptly notifies Z Marketing in writing of the claim, cooperates with Z Marketing, and allows Z Marketing sole authority to control the defense and settlement of such claim. This Section 15.2 shall not apply to the extent such alleged infringement arises from (i) any unauthorized modification of Z Marketing’s intellectual property by Client; or (ii) Client Data. Z Marketing will not settle any third-party claim against Client unless such settlement completely and forever releases Client from all liability with respect to such claim or unless Client consents to such settlement. THIS SECTION STATES ZAZMIC’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION AND LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM OF INFRINGEMENT.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any alleged breach of this Agreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, in San Francisco, California. The arbitrator is not authorized to award punitive or other damages not measured by the prevailing party’s actual damages. Selection of the arbitrators shall be as follows; each party shall appoint one arbitrator within twenty (20) days after the initiating party files a Demand for Arbitration, and those two arbitrators shall appoint a third arbitrator who shall act as chairman, within a twenty (20) day period thereafter. If the parties fail to appoint the chairman within said period, the parties will apply to the American Arbitration Association for appointment of the third arbitrator.
- Either party may apply to the arbitrator seeking injunctive relief until an arbitration award is rendered or the dispute is otherwise resolved. Either party also may, without waiving any other remedy, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim or provisional relief that is necessary to protect the rights or property of such party pending the arbitrator’s appointment or decision on the merits of the dispute.
- Judgement upon the arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitration proceeding and arbitrator’s award shall be maintained as strictly confidential, except as otherwise required by court order or as necessary to confirm, vacate or enforce the award and for disclosure in confidence to the parties’ respective attorneys.
- Each Party shall bear its own costs, fees and expenses of arbitration.
- Notices and statements.All communications required or permitted to be given by this Agreement shall be made in writing and shall be sent by a recognized overnight commercial delivery or certified U.S. mail to the address for the respective Party shown on the first page of this Agreement or such other address as either Party may specify from time to time in writing.
- Entire Agreement; Amendment and Waiver. This Agreement, its exhibits and any documents expressly referred to in this Agreement constitute the entire agreement between the Parties and supersede all prior understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, that may relate to the subject matter of this Agreement. Any term of this Agreement may be amended, modified, or waived only with the written consent of the Parties or their respective permitted successors and assigns. Any amendment or waiver effected in accordance with this Section 14.2 shall be binding upon the Parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- Severability. Should any provision of this Agreement be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary (consistent with the intent of the Parties) to eliminate the illegal, invalid or unenforceable effect or to delete such provision if modification is not feasible, and the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- Independent Contractors. In making and performing this Agreement, Customer and Z Marketing act and will act at all times as independent contractors, and, except as expressly set forth herein, nothing contained in this Agreement will be construed or implied to create an agency, partnership or employer and employee relationship between them.
- Governing Law. This Agreement and all disputes arising under or related to it shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to choice of law principles that would allow the application of another State’s law.
- Inapplicability of UCITA. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT NO PROVISION OF THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT (UCITA) IS INTENDED TO APPLY TO THE INTERPRETATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER OR NOT UCITA IS ENACTED IN THE STATE WHOSE LAW GOVERNS THIS AGREEMENT.
- Successor and Assigns. Neither party will assign its rights or delegate its obligations under this Agreement without the other party’s prior written consent, and, absent such consent, any purported assignment or delegation will be null, void and of no effect. However, either party may, without the written consent of the other, assign this Agreement and its rights and obligations hereunder in connection with the transfer or sale of all or substantially all of its business related to this Agreement, or in the event of a merger, consolidation, change in control or similar transaction.
- Headings. Headings used in this Agreement are provided for convenience only and shall not be used to construe meaning or intent.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed simultaneously in two or more counterparts, each of which will be considered an original, but all of which together will constitute one and the same instrument.